- 16 liter capacity
- Weatherproof design with sealed seams
- Sealing zippers for weatherproofing
- Compresses for travel, included mesh compression sack
- UHMWPE-reinforced wear panels for extreme durability, abrasion resistance, and tear strength
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Two gear loops with corresponding Hypalon™–reinforced shockcord capture
- Breathable, weight distributing shoulder straps
- Water resistant front pocket with sealing zipper
- Oversized mesh side pockets
- Compression straps with side release buckles for stabilizing loads or attaching exterior equipment.
Not intended for submersion.
Volume: 16 liters
Weight: 6.7oz (190g)
Unpacked Dimensions: 19 x 10 x 6in (48.3 x 25.4 x 15.2cm)
Packed Dimensions: 3.75 x 3.75 x 5.5in (9.5 x 9.5 x 14cm)
- 70D Robic® nylon UHMWPE (Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene) reinforced ripstop, PU waterproofing
- 50D nylon mini ripstop, UTS waterproofing
- Internally sealed seams
- Reinforced nylon monomesh weight distributing shoulder straps
- Hypalon™ reinforced tether points
- Number 5 YKK® PU coated sealing zippers
- YKK® ultralight, wide entry side release buckles
- 210D bonded nylon thread
- UTS coating (ultra tear strength): waterproofing and tear strength increase of 30%
- PU coating: waterproofing
Not intended for submersion.
How waterproof is the Freefly16?
Bags with Freefly in the name are built from waterproof materials, have sealed seams, and feature PU coated water resistant zippers. These bags are not designed for submersion, but they will protect from inclimate weather and are therefore considered to be weatherproof.
How do I pack up and stow the Freefly16?
We suggest folding the pack in thirds vertically and rolling up tightly from the bottom. Unzip the top closure so that air can escape as it is rolled up. For detailed instructions, the demo video below shows the full pack up.
Is the Freefly16 hydration compatible?
No. For hydration compatibility, we suggest the Freerain28, Beast18, or Beast28.
Does this pack have a hip belt?
No. For a hip belt, we suggest the Freerain22 or Freefly28.
Does this bag have a warranty?
Yes, all advanced series bags are warrantied for 3 years. Bags in and out of warranty are eligible for repairs.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including DMF which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov
Waterproof materials, sealing YKK® zippers, and sealed internal seams provide dependable all weather protection in an easy to access pack.
Fast and light
Alpine-ready features like a sternum strap, gear loops, cord capture, compression straps, and monomesh shoulder straps—all packed into an ultralight 16 liter daypack.
Compresses for travel
Stow into the included mesh compression sack, take it with you.
UHMWPE-reinforced high wear panels feature a practically infallible ripstop grid. Robic® high tenacity nylon paired with UTS waterproof coating enhances material strength an additional 30%. Learn more about UHMWPE.
Engineered for performance first
Boutique engineering that outperforms the big guys. If you know what you want, and care about how it performs, join a brand that shares your priorities.
For the weight I don’t think this pack has any competition. I use waterproof stuff sacks in my pack for week long backpacking trips, and this will be a summit bag doing double duty.
- Larry (verified customer)
This backpack is awesome. Incredibly light weight. Love the sleeves on the sides - fits tall waterbottle/umbrella. Adjustable straps are great! Best lightweight backpack!
- Caren M (verified customer)